I know I’m no pro at running, but I try really hard. So, that’s gotta count for something. Anyway, I’ve decided to put together a list of my favorite running gear. Also, since there is always a photographer at the end of almost any race you enter, I figure if you can’t dress cute, what’s the point of running?
1. Sweat bands. Hey, everyone sweats, deal with it. You may as well accessorize with these, they come in 7 different colors.
2. Ear buds. Ha, I’m not lying, my ear buds actually are Skittles ear buds. I thought they were cute. I love candy and Skittles are my daughter’s favorite candy.
3. Phone arm band. I need to listen to music when I run. Like, neeeeeed to.
4. Garmin Forerunner 310XT. This is a fairly new purchase. It’s expensive, but if you really like running, it’s so worth it. It pushes me to run faster and I really do love it.
5. Wrist sweat bands. I really may be a nerd who sweats a lot, but, I’m just keepin’ it real. Summer is here and I need this to wipe away the sweat that goes beyond the forehead sweat band.
6. Skort. Here I am, back with the cute factor… but I have always liked the look of the running skirts (or, I guess skorts). I wore this for the first time at this race, at the beginning of the race, I was a bit self conscious of what the runners behind me were seeing (there were shorts under my skirt, but they were short. Eeek). By the end of the race I didn’t care what anyone saw, I just wanted to finish and not die. (;
7. Water bottle. I like to stay hydrated, even during 3-4 mile runs and I don’t want to wear a fanny pack. I’m just not there yet. I don’t think I ever will be. This bottle is nice because it has a little zipper pouch for your energy GU packets.
8. Compression sleeves. These are the second thing I ever bought myself just for running and I love them. I always wear them when I run. And, then after long runs, I wear them to recover. Around the house. in bed. Anywhere. I have like 4 pairs incase one (or three) are in the wash.
9. Running shoes. These are the first thing I ever bought myself just for running. I got fitted at an actual running store and they chose the Brooks Ravenna for me. At first I wasn’t sure if I liked them, after a week of wearing them, I loved them. So far I’ve been through 2 pairs and am just about ready to buy my third.
Now go get some cute stuff to run in. (;