Seriously!

To: My realtor
From: Seller’s realtor
RE: FW: Important Information: Loan 1234567890

They are now wanting to do a 2nd appraisal because the old one is older than 90 days. I am fighting this. Specially because I met the last appraiser, explained the situation and he agreed to appraise the house on the low end because of the circumstances. If a 2nd appraisal is performed, the bank will go with that one. I like that this negotiator is communicating with me yet he has not replied to my last e-mail fighting the 2nd appraisal yet.

We’ll see what happens. They do what they do and I have no say in any of it.

Seller’s Realtor

…………………………….

Update: As of Friday, bank agreed to not do another appraisal. Not sure if this is good or bad. At least it’s not another thing to jump in the way of us getting this darn house!

Grrr. Bank of America, I have officially crossed you off of my BFF list forever.

So, my full intentions for this category was to take pictures of the recipe as it was being made (as a how-to) and then have a photo of the finished product. This is how that turned out…

At least the cake was a success.

Mom’s Banana Cake

2 cups flour
1/2 cup applesauce (one individual size container)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla (or a capful, whichever you prefer)
1 and 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour milk (add 1 tsp white vinegar to the bottom of 1/2 cup, then fill with milk), I sorta ran out of vinegar so I made the cake with 1/2 cup of fat free milk — tasted yummy!
1 cup mashed bananas
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients well. Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan and bake in a preheated 350º oven for 25-30 minutes. Or, until toothpick comes out clean.

When cake is still warm, spread with canned cream cheese (or sour cream) icing.

Here they are folks, seasons one and two! Maybe I can finally start watching this show. Seems as though the world is out to get me on Thursday nights after The Office. I always have had a problem with watching a show mid season (or what is it now, 4 seasons into this show?). Maybe I’ll get caught up before it gets cancelled.

to lower my gas bill…

I decided to use the programmable thermostat, to see if that would help at all. And I even lowered the temp from 67 to 66… I think I started it 3 weeks ago, got the bill and it’s only $15 cheaper and it was a little warmer out so it should have been cheaper, regardless!

Friday I called the gas company to see if my bill is comparable to last year’s bills. Since we didn’t live in the house last year he wouldn’t give me any specifics…

Gas guy: Well, December and January’s bills were comparable, but it was a lot colder this year and your bills show less usage, so that’s good. This month’s bill was much higher than last year, but it was much colder…

Me: So, any ideas on how I can make it much lower? I’m using the programmable thermostat.

Gas guy: You can buy that thick plastic and tape it to your window frames, that’ll help A LOT!

Me: Great, where do I get that?

Gas guy: At any hardware store, but it’s not gonna do you much good now, since it’s warming up. But, give it a go for next winter. I guess if you don’t want to open your windows during the summer, it would help lower your electric bill.

Me: Um, thanks, I’ll try that.

Looks like my mission to lower my gas bill maybe came a bit too late in the season.

August 12, 2009 : Put offer on house. Sellers agreed, Bank of America verbally agreed to it.

August 24, 2009 : Home inspection completed. House has been vacant since May or June.

September 16, 2009 : Tons of rain over the past few days. Sump pump overflowed, due to electricity being off in house. Used generator to turn on sump pump and push broom water from basement into sump pump.

September 17, 2009 : Had electricity turned on in our name, to make sure sump pump will run with rain.

September 24, 2009 : Sell our house, move into short sale house… still waiting for closing.

October 6, 2009 : Negotiator has been assigned.

October 31, 2009 : Foreclosure papers are on the front steps. Still no word/communication from negotiator.

November 6, 2009 : Negotiator emails seller’s realtor and asks for documents he says are “missing.”

November 9, 2009 : Seller’s realtor assures us that the foreclosure papers are a normal part of the short sale process.

November 11, 2009 : Appraiser comes out to do the BPO (Broker’s Price Opinion).

January 18, 2010 : Received papers in the mail from Bank of America’s attorneys, stating there will be a Sheriff’s Sale on February 3, 2010 at 10 am.

January 27, 2010 : Email from seller’s realtor: “I have been assigned to four different negotiators sine we began this and it seems one doesn’t know what the other has done. Since the second negotiator contacted us via e-mail and the BPO was done in November, we have attempted a total of 12 times (about once a week) to reach them and get more information, we have heard nothing. Every single time we call they tell us there are no updates and to wait for the negotiator to call. We contact the negotiator and never receive a call back or e-mail back. Then you get this notice about the sheriff’s sale and we called to get an explanation. They say that we have been assigned to yet another negotiator and to contact him. We did. We have left 2 voicemails and 2 e-mail messages without any reply. I called the attorney’s office and they say they can’t post pone anything without Bank of America’s approval. I called bank again and they say they can’t do anything unless I call 2 days before the sheriff sale to ask them to post pone. I asked if that was a guarantee and they said that our negotiator has to talk to us about that… except…negotiator won’t call!

February 3, 2010 : Sheriff’s sale was cancelled. Wahoo!

February 22, 2010 : Another letter from attorneys.

February 23, 2010 : Seller’s realtor’s explanation, “The letter is to inform you that Bank of America has cancelled and dismissed the foreclosure process in order to work out forbearance. Basically, it is good news! This means bank is considering the offer and has no intention to foreclose until we come to a final agreement. With this said, I still have no updates from the negotiator on a timeline or a signed final contract so I will just keep checking every week like I always do. It seems to work even if it is in the background and with no feedback.”

March 4, 2010 : Interest rate at 5% — decided to lock for 60 days.

March 4, 2010 : 9:00 PM, our realtor texts to tell us that the negotiator contacted seller’s realtor for more paperwork.