Throw back atcha Thursday: my first giveaway
I remember coming into work one morning and on my desk was a bag of miniature Chewy SweetTARTS. I love those things. Attached to the candy was a post-it note that read, “Have a nice day!”
I smiled. And, you know what, I did have a nice day. “Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have,” said by this guy named Jim Rohn that I don’t know. That’s a nice quote though.
So, today will be my first giveaway! I’m calling it “Throw back atcha Thursday” — Pretty awesome name, huh?
It’s the Kindle version of this book:
Don’t worry, you don’t actually have to have a Kindle to read this book. At least I don’t. I have the app on my iPad.
Here are the rules.
1. Comment on this post (on my blog, not on Facebook). If you say how awesome and funny I am in your comment, I will like you more, but it won’t give you any better odds than the person who just types, “I want that damn book.”
2. This post must get 100 comments. They cannot be multiple comments from the same person. You only get one name in the hat. If you enter more than one comment on this post and I think you were just trying to get more names in the hat, you will not be disqualified. You will, however, be given a sign to hold up that says, “I tried to cheat on Blendra’s first giveaway. I’m ashamed of myself” and I will post it on Facebook.
3 . Side number: Getting 100 comments on this post may not be easy, but I think you guys can all be badasses (like the book says) and share this with your friends. See, I’m not making this an actual rule, that you have to share this with people. You simply CAN share this with your friends. Totally increases your odds of winning. If I only had 99 comments, I wouldn’t give away anything.
4. I’m not certain these are rules anymore. More like guidelines.
5. After I reach 100 comments, I will print out every comment and my daughter will cut out each individual comment (she pretty much loves scissors).
6. Then we’re going old-school style: Each comment will get folded up and placed into a hat.
7. Maya will use her cute, chubby little hands to pull out the winner.
8. I may video this. I may take pictures of this. I will do something. So ya’ll know this is legit.
9. The winner will be awarded the $8.80 version of You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
10. I’ve never actually done this before.
11. Fine print: I will be gifting you a Kindle version of this book through Amazon. I will need the winner’s email address after the winner is announced.
12. This will not be a weekly giveaway post. I’m not made of money, people. If I were made of money, this could be a weekly giveaway post.
Now go comment on this post. And, share it with your friends. You know you wanna win this book: